Artist in Residence
Do you have what it takes to be Redbubble’s next Resident Artist?
We are always looking to collaborate with the best of the best! We want you if you are:
- Super creative and have a project you’ve been dying to work on;
- Interested in understanding what makes Redbubble tick, or better yet, you’ve been a Redbubble artist for years;
- Can devote time and energy in an office environment working closely with super cool people;
- Able to coordinate your own finances, accommodations, travel and working visa, in the case you need to relocate;
- Easy-going, open-minded, and looking to push your creative practice beyond this solar system;
If this sounds like you, drop your paintbrush now, and apply! We want you in our office pronto!
This sounds awesome, right, but you’re not quite sure how a Redbubble Residency works?
Well, let’s explain it:
- You’ll be working on your own project, which will be the main focus of your time in the office. Some of that project time will be solo, and some will be spent with Redbubble team/s.
- You will need to include some form of creativity to your project (this isn’t just about learning, but furthering your own creative practice).
- We are here to support you, but we also want you to engage our employees in a way where they can have a better understanding of what your needs are as an artist.
- You’ll be paid a monthly stipend of $3000 USD for the duration of your residency - this money goes towards any expenses you may have.
- You’ll set goals and targets with the Residency Team, so that you can get your project finished in the projected time.
- You will have the opportunity to present your process to the company and the Redbubble audience in the form of company wide meetings, blog posts, and more!
- You’ll hang with us during various social events, building friendships and memories. And of course, eat yummy catered food.
So, how does this project thing work?
Basically we want to hear about what you want to work on (this is where you pitch us a project idea), for how long (6 months), and how our Redbubble team can help you achieve that goal (what people would best suit your needs).
So, let’s say, you’ve been dying to illustrate a children’s book about an LBGTQ+ family, paint portraits of social justice heroes, illustrate an avante garde cookbook, or design a how-to-guide for artists on how to market themselves— those are all awesome project ideas and we would love to support you!
It is your project 100%, you retain full ownership and creative direction, we are in it for you.
What do I need to apply?
We have tried to make the application process as fun and simple as possible. A few things we need from you are;
- Basic info like your name, where are you from, experience
- A project plan including details about your goals, timelines, costs, stages, research, audience
- A short video so we can see your face and get to know you a little bit… are you just as weird as we are?
Take some time to prepare, you have until January 31 to apply.
Deadline is January 31; expect to hear back from us by February 28. If you are one of the successful candidates, you will be interviewed - GOOD LUCK!
Redbubble is not responsible for your costs and expenses or any immigration matters in connection with your participation in the residency program. Please plan well in advance for the high cost of living in both the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as the potentially lengthy and uncertain immigration process.This is an in-office contracted position, not a full time role, and the stipend amount is non-negotiable.
By applying to the Redbubble Residency, I acknowledge that:
- I am solely responsible for my costs and expenses in connection with my participation in the residency program, including travel expenses (airfare, daily commute), living expenses (food, drink and accommodation).
- I am solely responsible for any immigration matters, including visas, work authorizations, processing of applications and acquiring the necessary approvals. I will not be an “employee” of Redbubble and I understand that if I do not have the required immigration status, I will be disqualified from participation in the residency program.
- [Should I be accepted into the Redbubble Residency, I agree to have the aforementioned arranged and paid by personal means before the start of the term.]
Redbubble will pay each Resident a stipend of $3000 USD per month to cover costs associated with producing Creative Work/Pitched Project.