Full Stack Software Engineer - Artist & Content
Redbubble was born in 2006 in Melbourne. The dream was simple. Give independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 700,000 artists and designers across the planet with millions of fans. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over 100 million since launch. (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.)
We get up everyday to bring more creativity into the world. And that means everywhere. To every corner of the world. In order to achieve our mission, we are scaling our world-class platform with a focus on creating seamless user experiences. Our Artist and Content user group is working with well known partners on an industry changing initiative, where you will get a chance to work in a global team to solve interesting problems around content management at scale. Our content catalogue has around 20 million works of art, so as a Full Stack Software Engineer your contributions to this team will be critical in managing our ever-growing volume. If innovating, defining and testing best practices while nurturing the development of others earlier on in their career are exciting to you, we're glad, as this could be the role for you.
The impact you’d drive…
- Building the right things and making engineering trades offs to deliver highest business impact
- Work in an industry changing domain and shape novel solutions to atypical problems.
- Experiment and use data to help make the right choices across the wider business.
- Release code multiple times a day, while handling the complexity of our scale.
- Act as key contributor for developing others on the team and be mentored in areas you want to grow in.
You stand out because you:
- You are a natural problem solver and uncovering architectural patterns is your jam.
- Deep understanding designing and building web applications, delivering multiple end-to-end technical projects is your thing!
- Agile/Lean: Pairing, TDD, A/B testing. These aren’t just buzzwords you’ve heard at a meet-up, you are passionate about bringing them alive.
- An inquisitive nature, with high levels of curiosity. You love to share your knowledge with peers, junior devs or summer interns.
- Familiarity with a range of languages and technologies (experience with Go and ReactJS is a plus)
- Focused on accomplishing goals in a team environment
- Good working knowledge of networking (RDBMSes and AWS is a plus)
Some of what you’d come to expect when you join the RB family:
- Meaningful work that allows you to fulfill your purpose, by working towards a mission you believe in
- Perks that help you plan ahead like commuter discounts, daily meditation sessions, and a generous personal development budget to keep you up to date with the latest tech trends
- A belief in our future with generous discounts on our site and referral incentives
- A commitment to you - With ergonomic work environments, fully stocked kitchen with nourishing options, and wellness stipend for gym or a massage.
- A commitment to our community - We are in the second year of our employee volunteer initiative club where we pitch in to help community focused organisations.
- A commitment to change - We partner with organisations like Code Like a Girl and Techtonica to help create more equal opportunity for those systemically underrepresented in technology. We're also an endorsed employer with Work180.
- Through living our shared values you will be given the courage to fail fast and have fun as you embrace new challenges in a safe, inclusive environment.