Redbubble was born in 2006 in Melbourne. The dream was simple. Give independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 700,000 artists and designers across the planet with millions of fans. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over 100 million since launch. (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.)
Our in-house creative team is at the epicenter of making Redbubble a household name. Creative translates into deep meaning for our artists, their fans, and our partners. This creates a sense of deep connection and elevated value. We believe in taking everyone on a wild creative adventure as they explore their taste, their style and the ways in which that is experienced through all aspects of our marketplace. And we are at an exciting inflection point twelve years in. About to launch a new brand look and feel, we are looking for an established Creative Director who is passionate about doing things different, taking chances, and motivating a team to do the best work for a mission they can get behind. Come help us chart a new future for you and for us.
The impact you’d drive…
- Own the creative vision for Redbubble, inspiring those inside and outside company
- Help guide and evolve the new Redbubble Brand, building affinity while meeting bold objectives and key results
- Oversee a global team of designers and copywriters in San Francisco, Melbourne, and Berlin
- Manage projects and resources in fast paced atmosphere while delivering against tight yet manageable deadlines and budget
- Maintain high standard of output, quality and quantity
- Work closely with the head of UX Design and other key leaders in the org
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team leads across Redbubble
You stand out because you’ve acquired:
- 10-15+ years with agency and/or top consumer focused clients
- 5+ years managing a creative team (the most recent being fully in-house)
- Admired and proven leadership capabilities including hiring, talent development and capacity building
- An established sense of hustle paired with a strategic focus on short and long term outcomes
- Ability and eagerness to mindset switch from visionary to hands on
- A deep portfolio of innovative, stand-out-from-the-crowd concepts that have delivered noticeable results for top brands
- An ability to execute across different digital marketing channels in truly integrated campaigns
- Innovative and current understanding of creating content for both display and social advertising (SnapChat, Instagram, Facebook) using different targeted audience funnels
- Advanced experience in art direction, animation and video production, specifically for mobile first digital marketing
Some of what you’d come to expect when you join the RB family:
- Meaningful work that allows you to fulfill your purpose, by working towards a mission you believe in
- A belief in our future with generous discounts on our site and referral incentives
- A commitment to you - With ergonomic work environments, fully stocked kitchen with nourishing options, and wellness stipend for gym or a massage.
- A commitment to our community - We are in the second year of our employee volunteer initiative club where we pitch in to help community focused organisations.
- A commitment to change - We partner with organisations like Code Like a Girl and Techtonica to help create more equal opportunity for those systemically underrepresented in technology.
We take our values seriously and work hard to build open minded, open hearted teams. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background. Bringing more creativity into the world? It takes all the crayons in the box. Differences that help us create a healthy work culture and more engaging marketplace for our artists and customers. If this sounds inspiring (thinker emoji goes here), we’re excited to hear from you.