Senior Software Engineer, People Lead
Redbubble was born in 2006. The dream was simple. Give independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 700,000 artists and designers across the planet with millions of passionate fans. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over $100 million since launch. (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.)
We are building a new technology team in the heart of San Francisco, and are looking for the next generation of technical experts. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be involved in every step of the development process. Our SF Engineering team is a small, collaborative team dedicated to finding customers and helping them find what they want. Our full-stack developers in SF enjoy the agility and dynamism often found at startups combined with the stability typically found at larger, well-positioned organizations. Your contributions will be essential as we scale for global growth and launch new products. And to top it all off, visiting our other offices in Melbourne and Berlin might also be in the cards. So, get ready for takeoff!
If up for the challenge, you’d get to:
- Work directly with key teams and Product Managers--better consumer engagement directly enhances the livelihood of our hard-working, super talented artist community
- Create a vision with Product, Design and Data Science to experiment with and discover creative ways for our customers to find that unique and relevant piece of artwork
- Experiment and use data to help make the right choices across the wider business
- Improve our code quality and help the team become a well-oiled machine
- Release code multiple times a day, while handling the complexity of our scale
You stand out because you have:
- Previous experience managing other engineers, or you have done things in that direction and you're excited to start managing.
- Extensive full-stack web development experience from at least two previous progressive organizations; tested, comprehensible, scalable code is your jam.
- Agile/Lean: Extreme Programming (XP), pairing, TDD, A/B testing.
- Some experience with deployment and infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, and/or Kubernetes is super advantageous. Our work is end-to-end.
- Passion for sharing your knowledge––with peers, junior devs or summer interns.
Some of what you’d come to expect when you join the RB family:
- Meaningful work that allows you to fulfill your purpose by doing the biggest job you’ve ever done for a mission you believe in
- Generous 401K match, paid health plan & vacation, sick leave, flexible work arrangements and parental leave programs that provide you the balance you deserve
- Substantial amount of money put toward continued education for you to grow and develop your technical skills
- Ergonomic work environments, kitchens stocked with nourishing options to keep you healthy and happy
- A belief in our future with generous discounts on our site and substantial recruiting referral incentives
- Through living out our shared values you will be granted the courage to fail fast and have fun as you embrace new challenges in a safe, inclusive environment
Got a minute? Check out our Key Values page and read what our Engineers love the most about working at Redbubble.
We believe it is our responsibility to build our team in a way that, consistent with our values, reflects diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background. Why? Because bringing more creativity into the world requires ALL colors, shapes and sizes in the crayon box. These differences create a healthy culture. That culture will allow us to develop an engaging marketplace for our artists and their fans. Come join us and forge your path.