Redbubble was born in 2006 in Melbourne. The dream was simple. Give independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 600k artists and designers across the planet with millions of fans. As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over $100 million since launch. (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.)
We take our values pretty seriously and work hard to build open minded, open hearted teams. Teams who reflect a diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background. Bringing more creativity into the world? It takes all the crayons in the box. Differences that help us create a healthy work culture and more engaging marketplace for our artists and customers. If this sounds inspiring (thinker emoji goes here), we’re excited to hear from you.
In order to achieve our mission, we are building a world-class, scalable platform with a focus on the user experience. As a Software Engineer your contributions will be critical in setting the stage for success as we scale for growth. If innovating, defining and testing best practices while nurturing the development of others earlier on in their career are exciting to you, we're glad. We like that too.
The impact you’d drive:
- Collaborate directly with key teams, Designers and Product Managers to directly improve the experience of our artists, our customers and our fulfillment partners.
- Working on a range of technologies like React, VanillaJS on the frontend to Rails, Express, Elixir, Go on the backend
- Pursue an ambitious yet achievable vision with Product, Design and Data Science through experimentation and data driven.
- Experiment with data to help make the right choices across the wider business.
- Pairing, reviewing pull requests, testing and deploying
- Strive for best engineering practices and help the team become a well-oiled machine.
- Release code multiple times a day, while handling the complexity of our scale.
You stand out because you have:
- Architectural pattern knowledge and problem solving, scalable code is your jam
- Experience designing and building web applications, delivering end-to-end projects is your thing
- A strong passion for Agile/Lean, Pairing, and TDD
- A belief in our mission and curiosity in making dreams happen
Some of what you’d come to expect when you join the RB family:
- Meaningful work that allows you to fulfill your purpose, by working towards a mission you believe in
- Perks that help you plan ahead like commuter discounts, daily meditation sessions, and a generous personal development budget to keep you up to date with the latest tech trends
- A belief in our future with generous discounts on our site and referral incentives
- A commitment to you - With ergonomic work environments, fully stocked kitchen with nourishing options, and wellness stipend for gym or a massage.
- A commitment to our community - We are in the second year of our employee volunteer initiative club where we pitch in to help community focused organisations.
- A commitment to change - We partner with organisations like Code Like a Girl and Techtonica to help create more equal opportunity for those systemically underrepresented in technology.
- Through living our shared values you will be given the courage to fail fast and have fun as you embrace new challenges in a safe, inclusive environment.
Still wondering what life is like as an engineer at Redbubble? Check out our Key Values page and read what our team love the most about working at Redbubble.