Senior Software Engineer
Redbubble was born in 2006. The dream was simple. Give independent artists a meaningful new way to sell their creations. Today, we connect over 600k artists and designers across the planet with millions of passionate fans.
As for us? We’re passionate, imaginative, and a little offbeat. An inspired mix that’s helped artists earn over $100 million since launch. (We’re also nice, well-balanced folks with lives outside of work.)
We believe it is our responsibility to build our team in a way that, consistent with our values, reflects diversity of experience, identity, perspective, and background. Why? Because bringing more creativity into the world requires ALL colors, shapes and sizes in the crayon box. These differences create a healthy culture. That culture will allow us to develop an engaging marketplace for our artists and their fans. Come join us and forge your path.
We have recently broken ground on a new technology team, in the heart of San Francisco, and are looking for the next generation of technical experts. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be involved in every step of the development process. Our SF Engineering team is a small, collaborative team dedicated to enhancing the possibilities and experiences for our customers, our artists and our partners. Our full-stack developers in SF enjoy the agility and dynamism often found at startups combined with the stability typically found at larger, well-positioned organizations. Your contributions will be essential in setting the stage as we scale for global growth and launch new products. And to top it all off, visiting our other offices in Berlin and Melbourne might also be in the cards. So, get ready for takeoff!
If up for the challenge, you’d get to:
- Work directly with key teams and Product Managers to automate and increase the scale of our performance (technical) marketing programs––better consumer engagement directly enhances the livelihood of our hard-working, super talented artist community
- Create a vision with Product, Design and Data Science to experiment with and discover creative ways for our customers to find that unique and relevant piece of artwork
- Experiment and use data to help make the right choices across the wider business
- Improve our code quality and help the team become a well-oiled machine
- Release code multiple times a day, while handling the complexity of our scale
You stand out because you have:
- Extensive full-stack web development experience from at least two previous progressive organizations; tested, comprehensible, scalable code is your jam.
- Agile/Lean: Extreme Programming (XP), pairing, TDD, A/B testing. These aren’t just buzzwords you’ve heard at a meet-up -- they are methods which bring you life.
- Some experience with deployment and infrastructure on Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon Web Services is super advantageous. Our work is end-to-end.
- An inquisitive nature, with high levels of curiosity. You love to share your knowledge––with peers, junior devs or summer interns.
Some of what you’d come to expect when you join the RB family:
- Meaningful work that allows you to fulfill your purpose by doing the biggest job you’ve ever done for a mission you believe in
- Generous 401K match, paid health plan & vacation, sick leave, flexible work arrangements and parental leave programs that provide you the balance you deserve
- Substantial amount of money put toward continued education for you to grow and develop your technical skills
- Ergonomic work environments, kitchens stocked with nourishing options to keep you healthy and happy
- A belief in our future with generous discounts on our site and substantial recruiting referral incentives
- Through living out our shared values you will be granted the courage to fail fast and have fun as you embrace new challenges in a safe, inclusive environment
Got a minute? Check out our Key Values page and read what our Engineers love the most about working at Redbubble.